Monday, November 21, 2011

FIDM Fall Open House Los Angeles--The BLOG Recap!


Fashion School Fabulous...


FIDM Bag Diva: Nick Verreos with Chloe (@Chloekinss), the Winner of the FIDM Fall 2011 Open House "Go Social" Contest

This past weekend was the fabulous FIDM Fall Open House, held at the Downtown L.A. Campus of the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising/FIDM--the college where I am an instructor and a spokesperson--oh and yes, also my Alma Mater!

As part of the great Open House events, I was asked to host a FIDM Alumni Panel Discussion, which attendees of the FIDM Fall Open House came to. I put on my brand new TopMan pink-ish jacket and pink dress shirt, my Brooks Brothers pink-and-white polka dot pocket hankie, black jeans and YSL "Johnny" boots, and well, I was ready to go!

Packed House: FIDM LA Fall 2011 Open House, FIDM LA Campus

I LOVED hosting this FIDM LA Fall 2011 Open House Alumni Panel event. First, I chatted with the audience--both the students and their parents. I also dished a little bit on this last season of Project Runway and being on the Lifetime Network "After The Runway" TV shows. And of course, I also did a little Nick "Runway Walk".

FIDM LA Fall Open House 2011 Panel: (left to tight) FIDM Alumni Denshai Lee, Brooke Cody and Allison Moehlis

Then, I introduced the three panelists: first, there was Fashion Design Alumna Denshai Lee (left), who also holds a Bachelor of Science degree from FIDM (naturally) and currently is a production manager at a private label company that makes clothing for various retailers across the US. Brooke Cody (middle) was the next panelist. Brooke also holds two degrees from FIDM--an A.A. in Merchandise Product Development and a Bachelor's in Business Management. She now runs her own retail store in Pasadena, Kodi Boutique. Our third guests was Allison Moehlis. Allison is a FIDM graduate of the Merchandise Product Development department and is now Product Coordinator for UGG Apparel. After the Panel Discussion, I stayed around to meet everyone and take lots of fun photos--and autographed LOTS of the attendees handbags (it was a MAJAH signing trend this time!!). Note to self: must design & sell "Nick Verreos" handbags to sign at next year's FIDM Fall Open House!

Here are some "Post FIDM Open House Panel" fun photos:

Fashionable Ladies: Nick Verreos poses with attendees from Hollywood High School's "Fashion Club" stylish students

FIDM Open House Smiles: Nick Verreos with the GVHS/Golden Valley High School Fashion Club students and instructors

Boys Club: Nick Verreos and two of the most stylin' boys attending FIDM LA Fall 2011 Open House event

Heeeeyyyyy!!!: FIDM LA Fall 2011 Open House Attendees pose for my camera

Hope everyone enjoyed the fun & fabulous (and very informative) FIDM Fall Open House! I had a BLAST meeting each and everyone of you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment